Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can only see the new levels. I can`t find the old ones..

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Neolopus
7997 Views, 12 Replies

I can only see the new levels. I can`t find the old ones..

I`m tired of search for and answers... because i can`t find a solution.. 

The level is checked on the Visibility/graphics overrides... If not, i wouldn`t see the new levels... 

There is no scope box or whatever it is used for...

It is not hidden... 

It`s like it`s not there... But the walls and floors are still associated to them. But i can`t seem it on elevations and sections... 

But if i create a new level, i can see it... 

How do i see the old ones ?!?! 

I wanna change the heigh of one of them but i just don`t know how to do it without clicking on it !

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Neolopus
in reply to: Neolopus

here is one image

Message 3 of 13
VWD-MLM

Turn off the videw Clipping........your levels are there, probably outside of the the Cliiping areas.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 4 of 13
Neolopus
in reply to: VWD-MLM

You mean, far clipping ? 

It makes no difference... If it was not what you meant, could you show me where is it ? 

Check image 3

Message 5 of 13
aliss-portal

I have the same problem, please help.

Message 6 of 13
dbroad

Are you positive the level lines that are not showing are not hidden?  Click reveal hidden elements in the view to be sure.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 7 of 13
CoreyDaun
in reply to: aliss-portal

The Level must be crossing into the View Range of the Section/Elevation View in order to show up. Create a new Section View from a perpendicular direction that is far outside the model and turn "Far Clipping" off. You will see your Levels and they are probably not extending the entire length of the Project; use the Levels' grips to extend them through the Project.

LevelExtents.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 13
aliss-portal
in reply to: dbroad

yes, I am positive. I can see the new levels but the old ones are visible only in the browser, not on the section.
Message 9 of 13
aliss-portal

I found it, in section I had to go to properties-> far clipping-> no clipping

Message 10 of 13
rosskirby

For anyone else who comes across this problem, the easiest solution is to find a view where a level is visible (any level, it doesn't matter which one).  Select it, right-click and choose "Select all instances --> In project".  Now all your levels are selected (even the ones you cannot see).  Now right-click on any visible level and choose "Maximize 3D extents".  Now all your levels will extend out as far as the farthest modeled element in both the x and y directions.

Now, if you've got a lot of levels where you want to specifically control the extents, then you'll have to go through and cut a new section/elevation to find the "missing" level, and then maximize its 3D extents.

The issue is that levels, despite being nominally "infinite" do have limits with regard to where the level head will show up.  As per the previous post, if a level's "extents" don't cross the view plane (as defined by the cut plan and the far-clipping), then that level head will not show up in that particular view.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 11 of 13
MB1
Community Visitor

This is a suggestion of another possibility that may solve this old post.

It may be possible that in the Project Browser you have say copied a Ground floor plan view, and then renamed the new view as say Level 1.

This gives the impression that you have created a new level, but no level lines will be made when looking at an elevation or a section.

So it is possible that you may have made the floor plan view (by copying and renaming another plan view), without actually creating the level.

The method to follow instead to make the level and the corresponding plan view is:

1)  Copy (and move up or down) levels in a section or elevation view to make a new level.

2)  Revit then needs you to create the plan view for these levels by going to the tab View>Floor Plan (then select the level in the dialogue box) - see attached screen shot.

After step 2 the Plan view of the Level should appear in your Project browser.

Make floor plan.jpg

Message 12 of 13
jsasaharaAQ74V
in reply to: rosskirby

Nice response. This worked well for me. Thanks. 

Message 13 of 13
marvel.munoz.ramirez
in reply to: MB1

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report