Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlinking files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jeffersonian
233 Views, 3 Replies

Hyperlinking files

RevIt noob here. 

I'm evaluating RevIt for use as a plant support tool, and I need to be able to link external documents (DWG, PDF, etc.) to make that happen via drawings, cut sheets, manuals, etc.  I don't see anything specific on this in the forum or help files.  Is what I'm wanting to do even possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VWD-MLM
in reply to: Jeffersonian

Hey there,

Yes what you are asking can be accomplished, most commonly thought thru the use of families and there porperties....there usually is a "url" param either at the Type and/or instance level,.....depending on the family and how it was 'built'.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 4
smcgrady
in reply to: Jeffersonian

If you are looking for a better way to manage those foles (in a SQL Server) with a more intelligent means of linking the files (Assembly to many files  and then select the assembly and click View > Files) - check out the e-SPECS Revit Plugin at www.e-SPECS.com.  Not only can you intelligently view the specs (and red line them), but you can view any related project files.  By viewing all the files available, simply don't select any assembly in  Revit and click View > Files which lists all of those available and you can choose which one you want to open.  The same links are then also available in Navisworks.

Seamus (employee of InterSpec)

Message 4 of 4
Jeffersonian
in reply to: smcgrady

Thanks to both of you for your responses.  I'll look into both of these methods.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report