Revit Architecture

Contributor
rlwade
Message 11 of 14 (30 Views)

Re: HP printer error

06-08-2004 09:10 PM in reply to: rlwade
Sorry I am getting frustrated and I have been asking myself if I made a mistake by shifting the company from Desktop to Revit. Sorry Aaron.

Here is my system
1. CP1700 and 7130xi
2. The 7130xi is my default printer
3. Neither printer is networked
4. Windows XP pro
5. Select the print icon. In the print window select the printer. Then I select the print setup button. No matter what settings I have set in the window it will tell me that I have an incomparability issue nor will it allow me to continue. I must cancel the menu then return to the initial print screen. Then I select the printer properties button and just hit ok in the window (no changes). Then when I return to the print setup everything works fine. I have to do this before every print.
6. It happens with any setting on every project.

Unfortunately with the replies that I have received no one else seems to be running into this issue. Which means it is an issue with which I am going to have a lot of problems.
*Scott Davis
Message 12 of 14 (30 Views)

06-08-2004 11:34 PM in reply to: rlwade
Contact Revit support ASAP!!!! They will help you figure out the problem. I'm surprised you haven't done so already? I mean, these groups come up with a ton of answers, but something like this really sounds like a support effort. It does sound like an isolated case. I'd rather print in Revit any day over Autocad/ADT..... "rlwade" wrote in message news:25242914.1086754287942.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Sorry I am getting frustrated and I have been asking myself if I made a mistake by shifting the company from Desktop to Revit. Sorry Aaron. > > Here is my system > 1. CP1700 and 7130xi > 2. The 7130xi is my default printer > 3. Neither printer is networked > 4. Windows XP pro > 5. Select the print icon. In the print window select the printer. Then I select the print setup button. No matter what settings I have set in the window it will tell me that I have an incomparability issue nor will it allow me to continue. I must cancel the menu then return to the initial print screen. Then I select the printer properties button and just hit ok in the window (no changes). Then when I return to the print setup everything works fine. I have to do this before every print. > 6. It happens with any setting on every project. > > Unfortunately with the replies that I have received no one else seems to be running into this issue. Which means it is an issue with which I am going to have a lot of problems.
*Aaron Rumple
Message 13 of 14 (30 Views)

06-09-2004 06:50 AM in reply to: rlwade
I've looked at the CP1700 Driver. It seems to have some issues I haven't seen with other printers. If I open the printer properties dialog form the print dialog and verify the paper size - there is never a problem. If I don't verify the paper size and then go to settings, I'll get the "Incompatible" and the sheet size might be blank or have the wrong page size listed. Typically you would see all the sheet sizes supported by you printer and be able to chose the right one. So it looks like the printers capabilities are not being reported to Revit correctly. What you are seeing is not typical. I'd report your findings to Revit support and I'm sure they will address the issue. "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:40c6ae5e$1_2@newsprd01... > Contact Revit support ASAP!!!! They will help you figure out the problem. > I'm surprised you haven't done so already? I mean, these groups come up > with a ton of answers, but something like this really sounds like a support > effort. > > It does sound like an isolated case. I'd rather print in Revit any day over > Autocad/ADT..... > > "rlwade" wrote in message > news:25242914.1086754287942.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Sorry I am getting frustrated and I have been asking myself if I made a > mistake by shifting the company from Desktop to Revit. Sorry Aaron. > > > > Here is my system > > 1. CP1700 and 7130xi > > 2. The 7130xi is my default printer > > 3. Neither printer is networked > > 4. Windows XP pro > > 5. Select the print icon. In the print window select the printer. Then I > select the print setup button. No matter what settings I have set in the > window it will tell me that I have an incomparability issue nor will it > allow me to continue. I must cancel the menu then return to the initial > print screen. Then I select the printer properties button and just hit ok > in the window (no changes). Then when I return to the print setup > everything works fine. I have to do this before every print. > > 6. It happens with any setting on every project. > > > > Unfortunately with the replies that I have received no one else seems to > be running into this issue. Which means it is an issue with which I am > going to have a lot of problems. > >
Contributor
rlwade
Message 14 of 14 (30 Views)

06-09-2004 08:17 AM in reply to: rlwade
Thank you, at least I am not completely crazy. I will talk to support about it.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.