Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put scanned view of construction site to project?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
247 Views, 2 Replies

How to put scanned view of construction site to project?

Hi guys, I would like to put scanned view of construction site to project and then on that create borders of land and so on. Could you tell me plase how to do this?

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

In the Site View:

1. Insert > Import > Image -choose the image you want to use as a helper in order to trace over it
  2. select the imported Image and Scale it (with Locked Proportion checked) using as reference the distance between two knowen points
  3. Pin the Image
  4. draw over the image as much as you want to - unfortunately you have no snap to it...
  5. when you have finished to draw , from Manage > Manage Project > Mange Images >Raster Image - Delete

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

1. If you want to use the bitmap as a background for your site view you can do as I said in my first post and draw a Property Line as border - you'l be able to calculate site area from inside the Propery Line ( Massing and Site >Property Line)

Image 3.png

2. If you want to do it in a 3d View so to appear in Visual Style Realistic and in Rendering , then use a Component > Model in Place -Extrusion and place a Decal on the upper face of it. The border can be realized either by a Generic Model Adaptative or Line based or , my prefered, a Railing .

Image 5.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report