Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program the pattern of a rug?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TokukoSylvesterRevit
325 Views, 1 Reply

How to program the pattern of a rug?

Anyone knows how to program the pattern of a rug (for example, or any other flat object such wall paper) to enlarge or deminish proportionally.  Currently I am using Adobe Illustrator to produce the design.  1) How do I convert the pattern created by Illustrator to a file format that is useable in Revit so that I can used the pattern in a space.  2) How can I enlarge or diminish to the size of a space you are creating in Revit if the question 1) is possible.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

For Revit a pattern application is accomplished through a material applied to the element.  The material can be modified in scale and appearance for how it will be represented when rendered \ displayed in realistic visual style.

I have included some additional resources on how this works, along with how to apply \ edit a material on an element below:

Creating \ Editing a Material

Regarding enlarging a space in Revit, if you are referring to the total physical room this would need to be accomplished through actually moving the wall \ geometry of the space as required.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report