Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
sashk
Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

How to list everything that is constrained to each level?

175 Views, 1 Replies
03-27-2012 05:13 PM

Hello Friends,

Is there a way to list what items are constrained to levels? i need to remove a couple of annoying levels but have a feeling that walls, roofs, families, etc may be constrained to the levels that I need to delete.

I tried doing a multi-category schedule but I think I need to do one for doors, windows, etc. I thought I read somewhere that this feature was available in Revit 2012. Anything would help. Thanks!

Active Contributor
GlynnisP
Message 2 of 2 (126 Views)

Re: How to list everything that is constrained to each level?

03-28-2012 06:25 PM in reply to: sashk

Dealing with this problem is Tip#4 in our Revit Project Auditing Tips.  It's scary to realize that deleting levels will cause hosted objects to also be deleted without any warning!

You can use a free Trial version of Ideate Explorer (www.ideateexplorer.com) to accomplish this goal.  This video shows the process (Tip #4 is around the 5:00 minute mark).

http://youtu.be/278JuMriJMg

Regards,

Glynnis Patterson, Architect

www.ideatebimlink.comwww.ideateexplorer.com

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!