Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to isnert rendered images that are in project

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
HVAC-Novice
859 Views, 3 Replies

how to isnert rendered images that are in project

this probably is a stupid questions. since Google didn't yield any answers it seems so easy no one else ever asked...

I rendered images and they show up in "manage images". So far so good. but hos do I place them on a sheet/view? They don't seem to be in the view browser, or anywhere else.  My workaround is to save the rendered image and import that jpg, and that I can place.

The only thing I found is that it was mentioned that the project-stored renderings are of worse quality, is that true? If so, my workaround may be better?

Revit version: R2024.2
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alida.popescu
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Hello Kay,

If you rendered images inside Revit  and chose "Save to project" from the Rendering options dialog, then they should be visible in the project Browser under Renderings.

Here is a short video on ways in which you can save an image created by rendering a 3d view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQfsi1zhS0

After that, you should be able to insert the renderings onto sheets like you do with any other view.

Regarding the image quality, I am not aware of any reasons while simply storing it inside the project would decrease it's quality. The quality of a render is determined from the Render dialog box before the rendering begins.

After that, an image file is created that can be stored inside the project or saved separately, but essentially it is the same image file.

Do you know if there were some reasons listed why there should be a difference between those two?

If you are talking about images rendered via the Render in Cloud option, then they will not appear in the Project browser -> Renderings category and need to be inserted onto the desire sheets

Let me know if this helps.

Alida Popescu
Message 3 of 4
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: alida.popescu

Thanks, I just didn't realize they hide under the "Coordination details" views are.

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 4 of 4
alida.popescu
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Great, glad you were able to find it.

Alida Popescu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report