Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the annotation crop to follow the model crop in view?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
NigelParsons4560
2406 Views, 10 Replies

How to get the annotation crop to follow the model crop in view?

Hello

I've created a duplicate view of a floor plan and set a crop region to a "L" shape.  Trouble is, the annotation crop is still square. 

How do I deal with this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I have two replies to this topic via email, but neither of them are appearing here.  Why?

Message 3 of 11

via email:

Thans to the person who suggested a filled region.  It doesn't seem to work.  It covers model lines but not other annotations.

Thanks to the person who replied "please find attached".  Unfortunately, I can't see these replies in forum and there is no attachment in the email I received.

Message 4 of 11

sori just deleted 2 of my reply coz i think it is not appropriate answer for your question.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 11

Hello,

Yes, neither worked.  Also, I had tried the filled region idea myself, to no avail.

Message 6 of 11

hi, dont mind to post some screen shot? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 11

OK,

I make a "L" shaped Crop Region like this:

Crop Region-1.jpg

But the Annotation Crop Region remains as a rectangle like this:

Crop Region-2.jpg

This is a simple example.  I'm trying to create crop regions with 20 - 30 segments.

I'm surprised that the Annotation Crop Region just doesn't follow the same profile.

Edit: In case you're wondering, in this example I'm wanting the "Suite 32" and note

below it to be cropped out as well.

Message 8 of 11

hi, i tried but couldnt get the annotation crop irregular shape.

Only square at the present time.

Message 9 of 11
dtiemeyer
in reply to: ennujozlagam

yeah, too bad we cant actually use this feature because annotations dont get cropped. Come on, Autodesk. In some cases it would greatly increase what is shown on a sheet if the annotation border actually followed the crop - or some sort of offset value, or if the annotation was also crop-able.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 10 of 11

I seem to have quite a number of unsolved questions on this forum.

Message 11 of 11

Same problem here. It would be nice if Autodesk tested things before releasing them... I guess then what would make people wanna buy 2016?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report