Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a revit schedule to report a vital piece of data from an object.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
wskene
817 Views, 10 Replies

how to get a revit schedule to report a vital piece of data from an object.

I'm trying to schedule the casework for a project, and i want the schedule to report the legnths for the counter tops.

I am looking for a solution beyond creating a parameter where i have to insert the dimension manually.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ccollins
in reply to: wskene

Perhaps use a Reporting Parameter in the casework family?

I have not tried it, but it might work.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 11
wskene
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks Cliff, but the Family parameters can not be scheduled or tagged.

When i select the counter in the model i get what i want in the properties window, but i can't get it to report in the schedule.

It very flustrating.

Message 4 of 11
wskene

here is what i mean

Message 5 of 11
ccollins

You are correct. Reporting Parameter do not work either. 

Sorry!

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 6 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

Create new length instance shared parameters in the counter family, making them equal to the existing length instance family parameters, by formula.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 11
wskene
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Can you expand on the formula part?

Message 8 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

length (your new shared parameter) = length (the existing parameter)

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 9 of 11
wskene
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I am obviously doing something wrong.  I am in my counter familiy, adding a shared instance parameter that is reporting.

But It will not allow me to use the Length - Leg 1 family paramter in a formula.

Message 10 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

The new shared parameter does NOT need to be reporting, and it does not even need a dimension. It just needs to be created as a length parameter.

Also, the name of the existing parameter "Length - Leg 1" should not have a dash in between; that is bad practice, since it looks as if you were subtracting another parameter named as "Leg 1" (which does not exist) from another one named "Length"

Message 11 of 11
wskene

Thanks for your help, i got what i needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report