Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit footing detail below floor slab

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
octavio2
1182 Views, 7 Replies

How to edit footing detail below floor slab

I have a masonry wall with stucco outside and wood furring and gypboard inside.

When I add the wall footing, the wood furring and gypboard inside go down to the top of the footing.

How can that the furring be stopped at the top of the floor slab so only the masonry is seen below the slab?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
davidtetro
in reply to: octavio2

You need to edit the wall by editing the Type Properties. In that dialog box, click on the 'Edit' button next to the field that reads 'Structure' (the top line of the dialog box parameters). On that next window, click the 'Preview' button on the lower left to expand the view of the wall sample within the dialog box. A window will show up to the left and there will be a plan view. Beneath this plan view window will be a button named 'View' Click next to it to switch from the Plan view to the Section view. This will then bring up a section of the wall showing the wall layers.

When you switch to Section, 6 buttons will become selectable on the right window. Click on the 'Modify' button and then zoom to the bottom part of the sample wall section in the left window (you may need to zoom first before clicking the modify button). Once you click 'Modify', then click on the bottom line of the wall layer that you want to adjust - in your case, it will be the layer of the interior wall finishes. Once that is done, a little blue lock will appear. Click the lock to unlock it - it will then look like an unlocked lock. Click accept or OK to get back to your model.

You now have the ability to adjust the bottom of that wall layer in your real building section. In your section that you cut, zoom in to see the foundation and the slab. Click the wall and a solid blue arrow will appear at the bottom of the wall layer you unlocked. You can then grab that arrow and slide the wall layer high enough - then use Align to 'snap' it to the floor slab - or slightly above if you want to.

Keep in mind, you can do this for as many wall layers that exist in your wall - but, you can only unluck wall layes that are adjacent to each other - meaning that if you have more than two layers, you cannot unlock the outer-most and inner-most for that particular wall - only layers that are adjacent to each other.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 8
davidtetro

The other thing that you could do - if you wanted to get it to this level of modelling) is to create a stacked wall. You will a foundation wall with no finish as one wall type and the wall with the interior finish as another. You then create a stacked wall with the two types and set the elevations of their meeting location at the slab.

- OR -

(and I can hear the community cringe at this one - this is what I generally do) You can hav your finished wall stop at the slab and have another foundation wall beneat it that goes down to your footing. Make a level for your Top of Footing and make a level for your Slab. This way, the wall will snap from the top of footing elevation to the top of slab elevation and they will both be at the correct elevation.

Message 4 of 8
octavio2
in reply to: davidtetro

Thanks,

I was able to unlock the bottom line of both the wood furring anb also of the gypboard.  when I went back to the model sectionk, I see there an additional solid blue arrow that I can move up (and both layers move), however, a wall foundation appears and also moves up and I end having two footins instead of one.  Since I notice that this happens where the wall foundationfooting is, and it does not happen where a separate testing wall does not has  a footing, I assume that it mgith be that the botton of the wall is attached to the top of the wall foundation.  I have been trying to find out the why of the attachment or where is that documented so I could detach it, unsusscefully.

Message 5 of 8
octavio2

The two walls option you explain below seems to work, but on the 3D drawing there is a line that shows the wall above and the one below.  How to get rid of this line?

PS I found out that by "Join Geometry" takes out the lines (When I found out, I tried to then delete the question above, but did not know how to delete it)

Message 6 of 8
davidtetro

Glad it worked out for you! I generally make the foundation walls separate from the rest of the walls, just for my own ease in making the model. But, I didn't realize the footing would do that - that is good to know.

Message 7 of 8
octavio2

Thanks for your help. 

Message 8 of 8
davidtetro

Anytime!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report