Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to DRAW an ellipse

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gergon44
473 Views, 3 Replies

How to DRAW an ellipse

How can I draw an ellipse whith several or its points at sonme small vertical distance form the ellipse's work plane?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: gergon44

I am not certain I understand your question.

You can only draw on a work plane. Just like you can only put pencil on paper. You can't make pencil write a small vertical distance above the paper.

Now, some elements can be offset from their origin. But otherwise you're going to need to make a new work plane where you want to draw.

Message 3 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: gergon44

@gergon44 wrote:

How can I draw an ellipse whith several or its points at sonme small vertical distance form the ellipse's work plane?

Please provide more information. Are you taking about the elipse that results from sectioning a cylinder by a slanted plane?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

If I understand correctly I assume gergon44 is talking about an ellipse bend in 3D space.

Something like this example?

(Sweep along object with 3d picked path)

Ellipse.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report