Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download the “metric library” and “metric template” for Revit 2015?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
JamaL9722060
69670 Views, 15 Replies

I couldn’t figure out how to download the “metric library” and “metric template” for Revit 2015. These metric library\templates should contain files of *.rfa and *.rte

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
L.Maas
in reply to: JamaL9722060

During the installation you could have added different content packs.

After installation you can add/delete content packs by "Control Panel", "Programs & Features", "Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015" then select the content pack(s) you need.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: L.Maas

Many thanks EnlInt for the help,

What I mean is to download the rfa and rte files like the ones attached.

They call them sometimes RAC2015 (not sure what might this indicate for)

Is there a particular site to download such files for Revit 2015?

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 16
L.Maas

What I mentioned in my earlies post. During installation of Revit (and afterwards) you can install content packs, including metric ones.

These content packs contain different templates (rte) and families (rfa).

I think RAC stands for Revit Architectural Content.

Of course you can create your own families and templates. Or you can use the supplied families and templates and modify them to your needs.

Older families (Revit 2011,2012 etc) can be used also. When you load them in Revit 2015 and save them again they are saved as a Revit 2015 family.

It doe not matter if the families are for previous versions. In most (all?) cases they work just as well in the newer versiosn of Revit.

If you need additional content you can search the internet (look for Revit families or something similar). Several manufacturers supply Revit models.

Another good starting point is seek.autodesk.com

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
JamaL9722060

Thank you EnlInt for the very useful answer. This is really quite helpful.

The issue now is that I’m getting exclamation mark as the “autodesk revit content libraries 2015” is checked (attached).

What might this indicate for?

Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 16
L.Maas

This seems to be more of an installation question. The forum INSTALLATION & LICENSING might be a better forum to get answer to these kind of questions.

But anyway....apparently this symbol is an indication that content will be downloaded from the internet.

In this POST the talk about this issue.

Louis

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
JamaL9722060

Many thanks EnlInt for the prompt help.

Appreciated

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 8 of 16
hellodavid12

Hey how did you get that? i runed that 3 times and my libraries didnt come up.. 😞

Message 9 of 16
auret
in reply to: hellodavid12

Last time I used autodesk was in about 1986, autosketch 2d. Now i'm going for a job that would entail use of  revit. So I downloaded the trial version, and am having the same template problems. I'm kinda old school and out of practise, but this problem has cost me 2 days. I don't see and end in sight, and i'm not tech savy enough to know what you guys are talking about. I'm not happy.

Message 10 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: hellodavid12

Hi hellodavid12,

I have just used the library of 2011.

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 11 of 16
rice.stew

Hi, I'm starting to learn how to use revit. I too have problems  metric libraries and template. The problem  I have is that the default templates are only in rft not rfa. and I can't open the rft files. Another issue is that I can't start because even when I try to draw the grids, the grids have no text and bubbles. I tried to search for the rfa files but no progress. Need help. Thanks

Message 12 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: rice.stew

You should be able to download rfa, rft, rte files like the sample below

Clip_53.jpg

Clip_57.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 13 of 16
pirateduck
in reply to: auret

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

This explains it well. Probably a bit late to help you but hopefully will help someone.

Message 14 of 16
JamaL9722060
in reply to: pirateduck

Thanks pirateduck

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 15 of 16

First you have to ask the person who installed your software,if there was any internet connection when he installed it.If no you have to download those templates, otherwise they are placed on your machine, but you need to map them. By default, all the family templates will be downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ RVT2016 (RVT if you are using Revit software with all disciplines,rme if using Revit MEP,rac if using Revit Architecture,rst if using Revit Structure.2016 is the version.)then go to family templates and you can see the templates there. Finally, you have to go to Revit Options, File locations and browse to map the exact location.

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button.

src="https://autodesk.widen.net/content/fbz0l2onhe/png/autodesk-expert-elite-forum-signature-logo.png" >
Mahmoud Zeidan
BIM Manager/Mechanical Engineer
Message 16 of 16

thanks BIM-Mahmoud

best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report