Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create sheet notes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
peterewers
5635 Views, 5 Replies

How to create sheet notes

Anybody out there know of a way to create sheet notes in Revit?  I would like to be able to point at anything and place a tag (like a circle with a letter inside) and then have a list of notes that I can place on the sheet.  I don't want to have to tag a specific item (like a door or a wall), I just want the arrow to indicate a point in space (like an arrow connected to text), but have a tag at the end of the arrow instead of text... then have that tag reference some sort of legend that I can place on a sheet.  Is this possible in Revit?  If not, why not - this is a common requirement in architectural drawings.

Any help is appreciated!

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: peterewers

As shown in this article from Wikihelp?

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Examples/Using_Note_Blocks_for_Numbered_Notes

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
peterewers

Thanks Alfredo. This does help... it shows that it can be done. But how do you place the tags? The only way I can find to place the tags is to copy them from the sample file and then copy them around the drawing (or use the "create similar" command). Cheers, Peter [Description: EA logo color 2 smaller] Peter J. Ewers, AIA, LEED AP Ewers Architecture pc 1420 Washington Avenue Golden, Colorado 80401 303.271.0977 www.ewersarchitecture.competer@ewersarchitecture.com [Description: btn_profile_bluetxt_80x15]
Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

These are not actual "tags" in the same way as the built-in door tag or window tag. These are generic annotation symbols. It's a simple family that you can create with the generic annotation symbol, with a square and a label. Then, in the project by using the Symbol icon, in the Annotate tab. Then, you add a leader, then you enter information in the label.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
peterewers

Thanks again, Alfredo.  Your explanation makes great sense.  Two final thoughts:

1.  Your explanations should be added to the Wikihelp page.

2.  Autodesk should make sheet notes easier to implement and use... they are a normal part of architectural and engineering drawings and should be more fully implemented into Revit.

Cheers,

Peter

Message 6 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

1. Yes, I could add those notes to the article, as additional information.

2. Well, there is a more powerful feature, for the same or similar purpose, already implemented : keynotes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report