Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a screened in porch in revit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wolverine01
14882 Views, 8 Replies

how to create a screened in porch in revit

The project I am currently working on has a screened in porch. Can anybody assist me in how to create the mesh / bug screen in Revit?

Ideally I will need to be able to control the density of the mesh so when viewed in 3d the eye can pass through the mesh and see the behind the screen?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
alex60
in reply to: wolverine01

Hi all, to make a screened in porch I usually use a curtain wall with panels that have a material of glass with a surface hatch in order to represent the screen, but in the elevation you have to override the visibility of the panels with transparency to see the elements beyond the screen. See the attached image.

I hope this will be helpfull. Alex

Message 3 of 9
wolverine01
in reply to: alex60

thanks a lot, i was doing it with the courtain wall but i don't know why i couldn't eddit it, so i used a generic 6" wall and did what you ask me to do, apply the glass and the surface hatch. if i have any other question i let you know.

thanks

here is a pic of my result:http://screencast.com/t/kaTYWsjjK

Message 4 of 9
wolverine01

hi, As you said i have to override the transparency to see beyong the glass, im trying to it on the material browser and move the transparency to 100. and it is not working, well if that is not the way then i dont know how to do it, could please explain me how to do it? 

thanks...

Message 5 of 9
alex60

Hi, you have to select the curtain wall panels in elevation view, not in the materials, because it only reflects the transparency in 3D views. Hover the mouse over the curtain wall, and click Tab until you see the panel selected and then right click to override the panels by elements in order to not give transparency to all the panels in the project, then select 95-100 % of transparency and that's it.

Thanks, Alex

Message 6 of 9
wolverine01

I hope you are ok, thank you very much, problem resolved.

thanks.

Message 7 of 9
JDSDesignStudio

Thanks, this was a really big help!

Message 8 of 9
MattCDB

I use the curtain wall and duplicate the glass panel to make a "screen" panel. Create a new material, check the cut-out box, and set the cut out material as wire mesh. This will create a translucent screen material tht should render nicley. 

Message 9 of 9
S1486193

Im still learning revit but how do you set the surface of a wall?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report