Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a hyperlink in Revit?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
vu.do.mylangroup
18923 Views, 4 Replies

How to create a hyperlink in Revit?

How to create a hyperlink in Revit (hold Ctrl + Mouse Click) to link to another design file or to a spec. component?

Thanks very much

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can include a web address in an object´s URL parameter, in its type properties window.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5

After included the address, how can i open the address with the shorcut key? hold what key with mouse click?

And how can i use dynamic address to insert to this URL?

Thanks very much

Message 4 of 5

It does not work that way. The only way it works is by opening the object's type properties, and clicking on the "..." button next to the URL parameter. If there is an address there, the "..." button will launch your internet browser and take you to that address.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
OKArcurrie
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I created a Detail Item family as attached and placed and rotated in positions on a floor plan.  

I then created panoramic 3D views on Autodesk 360 Render from these points in the model and copied the shared links to these views to a text document.

I printed the plan to PDF and used Adobe Acrobat to add a hyperlink to each symbol, copied and pasted from my text document.

A bit of a work around but the client gets a floor plan with a "click here to view 3D" symbol (with key) which automatically takes them to the panoramic view on their browser.

Cheers

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report