Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Associated Level in a View

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2558 Views, 2 Replies

How to change Associated Level in a View

We have created Parent/dependant views and are using one View Template for them all. However, the View template somehow became set to "Associated View (level 1)" and so all the views for our 5 Levels have now become set to Associated Level at L1. We have 29 dependencies over 5 levels, so don't want to have to recreate them all. How can we change the Associated Level of the views back to the correct Level. I have worked out that if we duplicate the VTemplate, it defaults back to "associated level" as the View range setting, so we are OK with that part, just can't figure out how to change the actual views back to the Associated Level they ought to be..Help!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was unable to recreate your Assoicated Level issue. When I created the view template the view range showes Primary Range Toip-Bottom as Associated Level as does the View Depth show Associated Level. Thus, when applied to any other level, it applies it to the associated level, not Associated Level 1. The only other alternative in View Range is to apply the Level above or below, but not as the Associated Level 1 View.

Your release of Revit Architecture must be 2008 to be using Dependent Views, but what build is currently installed. Mybe there is an issue corrected in the last or latest build, which I have on my systems.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi melarch,
We have created a new View Template without the Associated Level (level 01) override, and when this new one is applied, the views go back to the correct Associated Level. When looking at VP from the Browser, the views still showed the correct Associated Level, but when we looked at the View Range, they had been overridden by the template setting and all said Associated Level 1 in the view range ( all were displaying Level 1 also). Still no idea how the template got set to a specific Level, it wasn't always and there seems to be no way of deliberately setting it to one level only, so we are all rather bemused, but at least we've been able to reverse it and can continue on without having to remake all the views! I couldn't recreate the VT settings either, nor could I "undo" them. A mystery...
Rose

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report