Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid the overlap between the level sign and the drawing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JamaL9722060
2298 Views, 4 Replies

I’m wondering concerning the default behavior of the Revit regarding the level signs. In the screenshot below, a wall of 9 meters is drafted in the indicated location while its 4 elevations are displayed next to it.

Clip_407.jpg

My issue here is that the north elevation has an overlap with the level signs and also the south elevation is at the end of the level signs. I couldn’t figure out how to manage this problem and also based on what these levels are set this way (by design).

How the overlap might be avoided? Manually?

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: JamaL9722060

It's not something you can really "avoid."  Select all the levels, right-click, and choose "Maximize 3D extents".  This will stretch all your levels out beyond the farthest modeled element.  

However, you could use a scope box to control a consistent crop region, and thus the level extents, on a per-view basis.

Also, for questions regarding the basic features of Revit (which I see you've posted quite a few of), I highly recommend you consult the WikiHelp prior to posting.  If you still are having trouble, then by all means come here and post the specific problem you're having.  I don't want to discourage you from posting or visiting, but the best way to learn with Revit is by jumping right in, and making mistakes.  That's how most of us learned what we know.

Good luck to you.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
JamaL9722060
in reply to: rosskirby

Thank you Ross for the help,

I tried it but sounds that

1. The extension of the level lines is limited also to the boundary of the drawing!

1. No gap between the level lines (circle) and the drawing!

Clip_436.jpg

Clip_437.jpg

How to handle this issue then?

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 5
JamaL9722060
in reply to: rosskirby

This issue is also highlighted in the thread below:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/How-to-set-the-height-of-each-floor/m-p/36...

But still looking for a root solution

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 5 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Right, you can use scope boxes to coordinate the crop regions between various views, and that will move any reference plane annotation (grid heads or level heads) to just outside the scope box.  Otherwise, you have to manually drag the level heads to where you want them.  You can either apply a scope box to a view, or you can drag the level/grid heads to where you want them.

Alternatively, as I mentioned before, you can right-click after selecting a level (or multiple levels), and choose to Maximize 3D Extents, which is useful for when they level marker doesn't show up in a particular view.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report