Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Condition Parameter to Keynote in Revit Architecture 2009 ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
asokalewliyadde1049
2977 Views, 6 Replies

How to add Condition Parameter to Keynote in Revit Architecture 2009 ?

I am trying to add condition parameter (New, Exist. etc,) to  Keynote. Is it possible to do this. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks.

Asoka

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Are you referring to conditional formatting in Revit 2009?  There are 2 posts on this below:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2009/04/conditional-formatting-was-unfair.html

http://do-u-revit.blogspot.com/2009/04/conditional-formatting.html

In Revit 2009 you can access this functionality by pressing ALT + N at the same time when you edit the Keynote Legend > Formatting tab.

If you are referring to Keynote Parameters specifically, you cannot add additional parameters to the Keynote Tag or Keynote Legend.  The available parameters are restricted to Key Value and Keynote Text.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

Why are you not able to add parameters to Keynote Legends? It seems counter intuitive if you have to add a separate legend next to the keynote legend in order to display manufacturer, model, color, notes, etc.

Our office separates the information into multiple columns to make it easier on the contractors rather than jumbling all of the information together. This is the best solution we have come up with but are definitely open to suggestions. Thanks for your time.

keynote legend.JPG

The only information on this table that is automated are the two columns on the left, which is our keynote materials legend. Everything else is drafted in another legend and aligned to the keynote legend.

Message 4 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

That´s what schedules are for. The keynote legend is just a list of values and their description. You should not be using your keynote legend as a schedule with multiple columns. Even worse, drafting schedules with lines and text.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo,

I understand drafting lines and text for schedules is not good practice, it is just my temporary solution. My initial thought was there should be more parameters to the keynote legends to present the information more clearly, exactly like a schedule. To my knowledge, you can't reference keynotes into a schedule. I do not want a separate schedule and keynote legend; I would like to consolidate all of the information into one parametric legend/schedule. I feel that having the keynote, description, manufacturer, model, and color together in my material keynote legend would be best practice. I hope this clarifies the issue I am having. I am asking you, or anyone, for suggestions to improve this standard.

Thanks for your time

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks very much like a Multi Category Material Takeoff Schedule.
Message 7 of 7
GlynnisVP
in reply to: ToanDN

The Material schedule is a good idea but it will work only if the keynotes are all pointing to the Material, versus the Element or User type keynotes.

Best Regards,

Glynnis Patterson

www.ideatesoftware.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report