Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access IFC element constructor parameters using the API?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ksamkari
228 Views, 0 Replies

How to access IFC element constructor parameters using the API?

Hi 🙂

I'm trying to link between a project in AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and the animation environment Blender. So, i exported my CAD project to IFC using: AutoCAD Architecture 2011, save as IFC, and imported it into Blender. The following line is a wall generated in the IFC format using AutoCAD:

#43803=IFCWALLSTANDARDCASE('2F64h88TobRm00000004E_',#24,'WALL | MW 36.5(38)','','',#43808,#43845,$);

My question is: what do these values represent? And what are the appropriate methods from the API of AutoCAD Architecture 2011 in order to access them? especially the id of the object?

Actually, im interested in knowing how to access the values of the parameter of any IFC building element's constructor, and not only the IFCWALLSTANDARDCASE.

Well, what im specifically looking for is the algorithm used to generate the GUID (global unique identifier) in AutoCAD Architecture 2011, and how to access it.

Thanks in advance,

Kais.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report