Revit Architecture

*Daron Denton
Message 1 of 5 (59 Views)

how is phasing handled?

59 Views, 4 Replies
11-10-2004 08:46 AM
good morning, could someone direct me to some sort of FAQ or white sheet on how revit handles the two following issues: 1. how is building phasing handled? specifically, i want to know how you would swap out parts of a floor plan without loosing them - i have a building with an area to be reconfigured - i want to save the area as is - i want to develop the area as it will be - i want to be able to easily display one or the other or both, without ever permanently loosing either 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? if yes, is annotation orientation handled as well? i don't have revit, so help files won't help. thanks for your time, Daron Peace, Luff, Cheetos
*Leonid Raiz
Message 2 of 5 (59 Views)

Re: how is phasing handled?

11-10-2004 10:01 AM in reply to: *Daron Denton
Documentation is available for download without downloading the rest of Revit at http://revit.autodesk.com/documents.asp "Daron Denton" wrote in message news:41924562$1_2@newsprd01... > good morning, > > could someone direct me to some sort of FAQ or white sheet on how revit > handles the two following issues: > > 1. how is building phasing handled? specifically, i want to know how you > would swap out parts of a floor plan without loosing them > - i have a building with an area to be reconfigured > - i want to save the area as is > - i want to develop the area as it will be > - i want to be able to easily display one or the other or both, without > ever > permanently loosing either > > > 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple > floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit > re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? > > if yes, is annotation orientation handled as well? > > i don't have revit, so help files won't help. > > thanks for your time, > Daron > Peace, Luff, Cheetos > > >
*Scott Davis
Message 3 of 5 (59 Views)

11-10-2004 02:43 PM in reply to: *Daron Denton
Leonid pointed you to the documents, but answer your questions generally: 1. how is building phasing handled? A: Phasing is handled through assigning Phases to the parts of the model. You example sounds like Revit's Design Options would work. This allows you to have several options available in the model, and flip between them. 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? A: Yes, revit uses Groups, which have been much improved in Revit 7.0 to handle what you describe. I haven't used it enough to know how annotations are handled. HTH, Scott
*Daron Denton
Message 4 of 5 (59 Views)

11-10-2004 03:28 PM in reply to: *Daron Denton
thank you. -- Daron Peace, Luff, Cheetos "Leonid Raiz" wrote in message news:419256fb$1_3@newsprd01... > Documentation is available for download without downloading the rest of > Revit at http://revit.autodesk.com/documents.asp > > "Daron Denton" wrote in message > news:41924562$1_2@newsprd01... > > good morning, > > > > could someone direct me to some sort of FAQ or white sheet on how revit > > handles the two following issues: > > > > 1. how is building phasing handled? specifically, i want to know how you > > would swap out parts of a floor plan without loosing them > > - i have a building with an area to be reconfigured > > - i want to save the area as is > > - i want to develop the area as it will be > > - i want to be able to easily display one or the other or both, without > > ever > > permanently loosing either > > > > > > 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple > > floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit > > re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? > > > > if yes, is annotation orientation handled as well? > > > > i don't have revit, so help files won't help. > > > > thanks for your time, > > Daron > > Peace, Luff, Cheetos > > > > > > > >
*Daron Denton
Message 5 of 5 (59 Views)

11-10-2004 03:28 PM in reply to: *Daron Denton
thanks Scott. i did download & check out the help and found some of what i was looking for. your comments have helped as well. -- Daron Peace, Luff, Cheetos "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:419298f2$1_2@newsprd01... > Leonid pointed you to the documents, but answer your questions generally: > > 1. how is building phasing handled? > A: Phasing is handled through assigning Phases to the parts of the model. > You example sounds like Revit's Design Options would work. This allows you > to have several options available in the model, and flip between them. > > 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple > floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit > re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? > A: Yes, revit uses Groups, which have been much improved in Revit 7.0 to > handle what you describe. I haven't used it enough to know how annotations > are handled. > > HTH, > > Scott > > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.