Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is phasing handled?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
124 Views, 4 Replies

how is phasing handled?

good morning, could someone direct me to some sort of FAQ or white sheet on how revit handles the two following issues: 1. how is building phasing handled? specifically, i want to know how you would swap out parts of a floor plan without loosing them - i have a building with an area to be reconfigured - i want to save the area as is - i want to develop the area as it will be - i want to be able to easily display one or the other or both, without ever permanently loosing either 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? if yes, is annotation orientation handled as well? i don't have revit, so help files won't help. thanks for your time, Daron Peace, Luff, Cheetos
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Documentation is available for download without downloading the rest of Revit at http://revit.autodesk.com/documents.asp "Daron Denton" wrote in message news:41924562$1_2@newsprd01... > good morning, > > could someone direct me to some sort of FAQ or white sheet on how revit > handles the two following issues: > > 1. how is building phasing handled? specifically, i want to know how you > would swap out parts of a floor plan without loosing them > - i have a building with an area to be reconfigured > - i want to save the area as is > - i want to develop the area as it will be > - i want to be able to easily display one or the other or both, without > ever > permanently loosing either > > > 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple > floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit > re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? > > if yes, is annotation orientation handled as well? > > i don't have revit, so help files won't help. > > thanks for your time, > Daron > Peace, Luff, Cheetos > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Leonid pointed you to the documents, but answer your questions generally: 1. how is building phasing handled? A: Phasing is handled through assigning Phases to the parts of the model. You example sounds like Revit's Design Options would work. This allows you to have several options available in the model, and flip between them. 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? A: Yes, revit uses Groups, which have been much improved in Revit 7.0 to handle what you describe. I haven't used it enough to know how annotations are handled. HTH, Scott
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

thank you. -- Daron Peace, Luff, Cheetos "Leonid Raiz" wrote in message news:419256fb$1_3@newsprd01... > Documentation is available for download without downloading the rest of > Revit at http://revit.autodesk.com/documents.asp > > "Daron Denton" wrote in message > news:41924562$1_2@newsprd01... > > good morning, > > > > could someone direct me to some sort of FAQ or white sheet on how revit > > handles the two following issues: > > > > 1. how is building phasing handled? specifically, i want to know how you > > would swap out parts of a floor plan without loosing them > > - i have a building with an area to be reconfigured > > - i want to save the area as is > > - i want to develop the area as it will be > > - i want to be able to easily display one or the other or both, without > > ever > > permanently loosing either > > > > > > 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple > > floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit > > re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? > > > > if yes, is annotation orientation handled as well? > > > > i don't have revit, so help files won't help. > > > > thanks for your time, > > Daron > > Peace, Luff, Cheetos > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

thanks Scott. i did download & check out the help and found some of what i was looking for. your comments have helped as well. -- Daron Peace, Luff, Cheetos "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:419298f2$1_2@newsprd01... > Leonid pointed you to the documents, but answer your questions generally: > > 1. how is building phasing handled? > A: Phasing is handled through assigning Phases to the parts of the model. > You example sounds like Revit's Design Options would work. This allows you > to have several options available in the model, and flip between them. > > 2. if i have a condo project, and i am re-using the unit plans on multiple > floors, some of which are flipped, mirrored, and or rotated, can revit > re-use ONE unit in the multiple instances in different orientations? > A: Yes, revit uses Groups, which have been much improved in Revit 7.0 to > handle what you describe. I haven't used it enough to know how annotations > are handled. > > HTH, > > Scott > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report