Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I recover from unrecoverable error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kohkah
491 Views, 1 Reply

How I recover from unrecoverable error

Hi All,

Just like to share.

This was happened on a Revit 2014 running on Windows 8.

Basically, i can't even open sample project or created a new project, and, the error message popped out right when the document was about to complete the opening or creating of the document.

I created another user account on the same pc, log in and run Revit. It run normally, and everything function and command works properly too.

Then i read the article on clean uninstalling. Instead of removing the Revit application, i did the 'cleaning' parts only.

That is, delete the folder 

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014

Sadly, the problem persists.

Lastly, i deleted the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014.

No more unrecoverable error! No uninstall and re-installation.

I believe this shortcut only works on corrupted user profile. This is my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Koh Kah Chin

ps. do forgive my bad English.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rwest17
in reply to: kohkah

I found that by uninstalling Revit 2013 and then updating windows (through control panel - update centre), then restarting and reinstalling Revit, Revit would then work.
Hope this helps. I tried everything else that was suggested but a reinstall and update worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report