Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one place lighting on a sloped ceiling?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3707 Views, 4 Replies

How does one place lighting on a sloped ceiling?

I put a sloped ceiling in and now I can't put lights on it. How does one place lighting on a sloped ceiling?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

If you made it as a ceiling (and not a roof), then it should host lights just fine.  If there's a problem with a particular family, though, you may have to re-model it as a face-based family and insert it into the ceiling via a 3D view.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rosskirby

It's an actual ceiling.

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

Not all the light fixtures are meant to be placed on the ceiling. Some fixtures have other hosts, such as the wall, or the floor. Try with one that is meant to be on the ceiling, such as a pendant light, or a recessed downlight, etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I figured it out. It wouldn't work in the ceiling plan but it worked in a floor plan for a higher level.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report