Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you Insert a Point Cloud on exact Grid

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
xxxJimbobidybone
350 Views, 1 Reply

How do you Insert a Point Cloud on exact Grid

Hi all,

I'm trying to insert a pointcloud in the form of .pcg it comes into revit fine but because the location of it is far from the origin it swaps the "origin to origin" to manual centre, basically meaning that my pointcloud is now completely off the correct grid. I'm currently working with a surveying company and we are creating an existing model that needs to be in revit and needs to be on the exact grid.

I have checked that the pointcloud has been created correctly by inserting into autocad, and it drops in perfectly over the building position.

Is this possible as i also try and insert the autocad data (which is on the correct grid) but revit wont allow me again as it is to far so won't allow me to insert "origin to origin" but automatically swaps to manual centre ;( please help it is very important that we get this model on the correct grid.

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Development is aware of this issue and a fix is in the works. Not sure on the time frame, but my feeling is sooner rather than later. Sorry for any inconvenience that this is causing and let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report