Revit Architecture

robinroyce
Message 1 of 6 (999 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do you add a structural plan view?

999 Views, 5 Replies
12-23-2013 04:19 AM

I was following along a tutorial by a guy from youtube when he created a structural plan where he'd place his footings. when i tried it on my Revit Architecture 2014, i found out that i didn't have that feature. is there any way i can turn it on? 

i'm not sure if he's using revit architecture because he just refers to it as Revit 2014.

i made a floor plan below the 0 mark but things will be tidier if i could make structural plan views.

Thanks!structural plan.png

Hi,

You can only create structural plans in revit structure or revit (all flavours).

Regards,

Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 2 of 6 (991 Views)

Re: how do you add a structural plan view?

12-23-2013 04:52 AM in reply to: robinroyce
Hi,

You can only create structural plans in revit structure or revit (all flavours).

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
robinroyce
Message 3 of 6 (955 Views)

12-23-2013 07:00 PM in reply to: robinroyce

great, thanks!

Pat_Jane
Message 4 of 6 (311 Views)

07-22-2014 12:52 PM in reply to: AJA14

I am experiencing the same issue. And I do not understand your solution. Could you please elaborate on the solution, thank you!

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 5 of 6 (302 Views)

07-22-2014 01:28 PM in reply to: Pat_Jane

In additon to the "traditional" versions of Revit:  Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP, there is a combined, "one box" version that has the tools and capabilities of all three, generally referred to as just "Revit".  This version is only available as part of the Autodesk Building Design Suite (Premium and Ultimate) and the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate.  The referenced video was recorded using the "one box" Revit but the original poster was using Revit Architecture, which is why the structural plan option shown in the video was not available.

David Koch
Pat_Jane
Message 6 of 6 (287 Views)

07-22-2014 02:39 PM in reply to: David_W._Koch

Ok thank you so much. I understand now.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.