Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you add a structural plan view?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
robinroyce
24656 Views, 9 Replies

how do you add a structural plan view?

I was following along a tutorial by a guy from youtube when he created a structural plan where he'd place his footings. when i tried it on my Revit Architecture 2014, i found out that i didn't have that feature. is there any way i can turn it on? 

i'm not sure if he's using revit architecture because he just refers to it as Revit 2014.

i made a floor plan below the 0 mark but things will be tidier if i could make structural plan views.

Thanks!structural plan.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AJA14
in reply to: robinroyce

Hi,

You can only create structural plans in revit structure or revit (all flavours).

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 10
robinroyce

great, thanks!

Message 4 of 10
Pat_Jane
in reply to: AJA14

I am experiencing the same issue. And I do not understand your solution. Could you please elaborate on the solution, thank you!

Message 5 of 10
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Pat_Jane

In additon to the "traditional" versions of Revit:  Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and Revit MEP, there is a combined, "one box" version that has the tools and capabilities of all three, generally referred to as just "Revit".  This version is only available as part of the Autodesk Building Design Suite (Premium and Ultimate) and the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate.  The referenced video was recorded using the "one box" Revit but the original poster was using Revit Architecture, which is why the structural plan option shown in the video was not available.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Pat_Jane
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Ok thank you so much. I understand now.

Message 7 of 10
zionboy777

Or in Revit Architecture you can simply duplicate the Floor Plan in the Project Brower and change its Discipline in Structural under Properties.

Message 8 of 10
jhoadcoombe
in reply to: zionboy777

Unfortunately changing the discipline is not the same as actually creating a structural plan, per my browser as per the attached image...

Capture.JPG

Message 9 of 10
pc.shamna

It's because you are using the LT version if revit. It's not possible to view structural plan in LT version. 

Message 10 of 10
caitlin
in reply to: pc.shamna

That is a very helpful note.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report