Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do Revit and AutoCAD users handle change together as a team and also how can

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Janice Guok
373 Views, 4 Replies

How do Revit and AutoCAD users handle change together as a team and also how can

How do Revit and AutoCAD users handle change together as a team and also how can Revit users benefit from AutoCAD-based content that’s currently available, and most importantly - How can I collaborate with external consultants using AutoCAD?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Janice Guok

Worksets... Seriously. You need to talk to a reseller or read the information on the Autodesk web site.... "Janice Guok" wrote in message news:5307380.1093339123061.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > How do Revit and AutoCAD users handle change together as a team and also how can Revit users benefit from AutoCAD-based content that's currently available, and most importantly - How can I collaborate with external consultants using AutoCAD?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Very easily and well. Drafting Views. Link the AutoCAD drawings / Details as individual 'x-ref's into corresponding Drafting Views within Revit, and then place those drafting views on the sheets. You can then reference those Drafting Views with Section tags, Detail tags, and Callout tags so that the 'live' Revit tags point to those Drafting Views with your existing DWG info, which is linked into Revit like an X-ref. It's like 2004/2005's sheet sets, except that it works and is automatically handled for you. ;) OK, so then, you use Revit to manage the set and the sheet numbers and the tags and such, and for the majority of the building drawing (plans/sections/elevations/ect) and then you can use all your existing DWG details (and AutoCAD users detailing) in Revit too. While it would be faster (and look better) to detail within Revit than in AutoCAD, this allows your whole team to work together today, as others get more up to speed with Revit. Also you can simply import DWG info into a Family to create quick Revit content. Also there is a tool that lets you publish and acquire coordinate systems between Revit & AutoCAD to keep projects that are being done in both (i.e. sitework in AutoCAD, Building in Revit)... I could go on and on.... Jeffrey Janice Guok wrote: > How do Revit and AutoCAD users handle change together as a team and also how can Revit users benefit from AutoCAD-based content that’s currently available, and most importantly - How can I collaborate with external consultants using AutoCAD?
Message 4 of 5
Womack

Jeffery

I need a little more "step by step" instruction on how to get a linked Autocad detail to be connected/referenced by a callout.

The detail is of stair treads to landing construction. I have already cut a section though that portion of the stair. The Autocad detail is already imported into a drafting view. I cannot seam to get the callout to point to that drafting view. A callout in the section view just creates a new section view.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Check box in the Options Bar (top of the window) when placing callout...'reference other view' check box, then use the pulldown to select your named drafting view. "Womack" wrote in message news:7171743.1093453230708.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Jeffery > > I need a little more "step by step" instruction on how to get a linked Autocad detail to be connected/referenced by a callout. > > The detail is of stair treads to landing construction. I have already cut a section though that portion of the stair. The Autocad detail is already imported into a drafting view. I cannot seam to get the callout to point to that drafting view. A callout in the section view just creates a new section view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report