Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make these Angled Stairs? Is it even possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Caeser27
5106 Views, 4 Replies

How do I make these Angled Stairs? Is it even possible?

Hi

I am trying to create a custom stair in which I want it to look like the attachment in my post that I made in sketch-up. I looked everywhere for tutorials and guides, but can't seem to find anything helpful. PLease can somebody help me?

Caser

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
enslinj
in reply to: Caeser27

Hi there,

Please have a look at the attached files this should help you reach your goal.

The Revit files will show you how to draw your risers, boundary lines & stair path.

I suggest you use stair by component & than sketch. Stair by sketch is the legacy stair tool & will miss out on my new features when using this instead of the component option. Example Automtaic stair numbering.

I dont suggest trying to draw this as one stair sketch.
The stairpath will give you a funny result & the staircase will not generate a monolithic staircase correctly.

Create the stair runs seprately (and Mirror)

Edit the one staircase & add a landing by sketching what you want the top end like.

The only downside about the above mentioned techinque is the spilt line between the two runs, but hopefully you can live with this?

The other option to get exactly what you have shown is to Model-in-place but from a BIM & flexibility point of view I wouldnt recommend this unless you have not option.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Enslin

Message 3 of 5
awes

Hi and welcome to the forum.You can model floor elements on top of each other or use model-in-place and extrude form(s) needed.

Message 4 of 5
jz4all

Hi,

-Sketch your stair as you like.
-On Architecture tab click the Stairs button. From Edit type (in Properties) you can decide about the properties of your stair.
-On Modify/Create stairs tab in sketch mode click Create Sketch button.
-On Draw panel choose Pick lines icon and pick the side lines of your stair.
-On Draw panel click Riser button, click Pick lines icon and then select all lines which supposed to be rises of the stair.
-Click the Stair Path icon and select the center line of the staircase (you supposed to draw it in the sketch).
-Click Finish Edit Mode on the Mode panel.

Message 5 of 5
AndrewRemely
in reply to: jz4all

This video does a great job of explainging how to sketch a stair. Just change the curved line to a line that wraps around your boundries etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwa0lMm0tCs

Andrew
remely.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report