Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get darker prints with shadows on?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dan_archloft
2421 Views, 3 Replies

How do I get darker prints with shadows on?

Hi all,

I'm having issues when I print to PDF, the lines for perspectives and elevations come in faded (washed).  For a while I couldn't figure it out, and by trial and error, I realized it has something to do with the shadows being on.  

We print to PDF using Bluebeam, and usually all the prints come out right except for perspectives.  I noticed the shadow problem when I was printing an elevation that had shadows on. The title block and elevation level lines were right, but the building was faded.  My printing parameters are set up as "Vector Processing", and "Black Lines" for color.  In the past I've changed Vector to Raster (or vice versa) and sometimes that has worked.  I also tried printing gray-scale and full color to no avail.

I've attached an example below.

Is there anyway to print to PDF with the shadows on where it will come out bold?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jhalse2014
in reply to: Dan_archloft

We had this same problem. Under settings click setup:Appearence:Raster Quality. If it is set to high it can fade the lines. Our firm has found that Medium works the best. Also have it set to Raster. However we print our pdf's via Adobe pdf not bluebeam. Try it and hopefully it works.

-Justin

Message 3 of 4
rolandcura
in reply to: Dan_archloft

Try setting your Acrobat PDF settings to High Quality Print instead of Standard. I have just looked around this problem and this helped a bit.

Message 4 of 4
chowellM8RJ3
in reply to: Jhalse2014

With Bluebeam, I am finding Low to work best.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report