Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I assign materials to the furniture I've built?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3602 Views, 2 Replies

How can I assign materials to the furniture I've built?

I have created some furniture families and loaded them into my project; however, I can't figure out how to assign them a material or color. Is it possible to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lanl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi vicz615,

You can open the furniture family file, then select the geometry, in its properties, set Material. See "material1.JPG".

You can apply different materials to different geometry part in the family file. Then load the furniture family into project, go to Manage- -Materials, change the display of the material.

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

in Family Editor >select an entity >in Properties>Materuial and Finishes >Material > click on the right button (1) >Associate Family Parameter > Add Parameter (2) > Parameter Properties >check Materials and Finishes at Group parameter under _make a new material (in my case top table)

Image 6.png

Select and add materials for every component you want...

In Family Types you can see the materials

Image 5.png

Once inserted into the Project , if you click on Edit Type you will be able to change the materials as you want for every component of the furniture

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report