Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Best to Control Wall Pattern Display

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Wotdat
168 Views, 2 Replies

How Best to Control Wall Pattern Display

Hi, I'm having problem controlling how my wall patterns display. I'll explain.

First I duplicate wall Family 'Basic Wall : Generic - 8" Masonry' and renamed it 'Existing 8" Masonry'.
Then I Edit pattern of New wall to 'Diagonal Up' and It's still showing the original hatch pattern of wall 'Basic wall : Generic - 8" Masonry'.
When I edit the Basic Wall pattern to 'Diagonal Up' It is also reflected on the new wall I just created.
The problem I am having is I wasn't able to have two different wall pattern for the Basic Wall and the new 'Existing 8" Masonry' wall I just created.
Is this the best way to manage wall pattern or, is there another?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RevitIt
in reply to: Wotdat

Wall pattern are part of a material attach to a specific component. Create a new material and attach this one to your newly created wall ype.
Message 3 of 3
Wotdat
in reply to: Wotdat

Thanks so much for your reply.
Just one more thing. I am using Phase Filter to control Visibility of Existing, Demolished, and New walls. The problem is my demolition plan is showing the existing walls with Diagonal Up pattern which I like, and when I go to my Existing Layout that shows only existing elements the walls are displaying Diagonal Cross pattern which I use for my New walls pattern. I am I doing something wrong here ?

Thanks again
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report