Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal section detail marking

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
FinearcLtd
11764 Views, 9 Replies

Horizontal section detail marking

Anybody knows how I can place a horizontal section mark that is linked to a callout detail. Whenever I draw shop drawing of windows and door for instance, I need to place horizontal section marks that are linked to the plan view detail callouts. Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
aghis_no
in reply to: FinearcLtd

You can achieve that by using levels. Levels are horizontal sections. They are not just for floors, you can use them in furniture or display windows Elements in order to create several detailed drawings at different heights.

P.S. proceeding that way, you will also solve the other problem you are posting on this forum about controlling the visibility of detail items... Since each detail item will be on a different view.
Hope this helps
Regards Aghis
Message 3 of 10
FinearcLtd
in reply to: aghis_no

Thank you for your suggestion. I don't see how this solves my problem of nested detail items in families. Can I really make a level tag that, like a callout, is linked to a sheet? If not I cannot really use it for that purpse. Creating plan views is not the same as creating callouts they are not the same family of views and therefore can be confusing and not in line with systematic orderly workflow.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Message 4 of 10
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: FinearcLtd

Hey

In your elevation view, click the section button, but before you draw the section line, change the type to a "detail view" from the type selector. This allows you to draw horizontal sections with the view/sheet refrence head 🙂

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 10
FinearcLtd
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Thank you. This answers my question!
Message 6 of 10

I'm in an elevation view.  I tried clicking the section button, and then changing the type to a "detail view".  When I draw the horizontal section, it disappears and I get that message:

"None of the created elements are visible in Elevation: 104-E View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings."

Even with everything turned on in the VG settings, nothing shows up.

What am I missing?

Message 7 of 10

Figured it out.  Sections was turned on in VG settings, but there was a filter applied that turned off all sections but my casework sections

Message 8 of 10
abetec_ase
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Hey

I have a question relating this subject, this indeed works for horizontal sections. But when you want to make a horizontal section that looks up, the view you get is a mirrored view. Ideas of how to solve this issue? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 10

Hi, I was more or less in the same situation as you. I solved it by doing the following: created the horizontal section; changed the "flip section" to be upwards (look up). Then since the view was mirrored compared to the orientation of the views looking down, I got into the view, selected the crop region and then rotated 180°.

Message 10 of 10

THANKS !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report