Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High level walkways and balconies

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
chris_pitt
897 Views, 4 Replies

High level walkways and balconies

How do I show high level walkways and balconies (in dashed outline) on the ground floor plan in a high volume space?

Obviously I can turn the first floor RCP on in the view and manually draw the information, but I assume these lines won't move if the walkways above move (or am I wrong?).  Also this seems slightly wrong given the amount of automation available.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
downing.nigel
in reply to: chris_pitt

Search help for "Plan Regions".  Enables you to have a different "view range" for an area that you sketch out within your main plan.  You may need to change the boundary lines of this plan region to "invisible" after you have defined the area.

Message 3 of 5

Fom the floor plan view > Underlay > (upper floor) > Linework > overhead > select the lines that you want to see > Underlay > none. If the lines representing those objects above move, the dashed lines will move accordingly.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chris_pitt

Here is another method:

In the Main Level Floor Plan View, turn on an Underlay in the View Properties, and select the Level where

the high balconies are. Set it to Reflected Ceiling View. You should now see grey lines displaying the upper level

and an outline of the balconies, roof, etc.

Then under the Modify Tab, use the Linework Tool with Dashed or "overhead" lines and click on the outline of the balconies.

Then, turn off the Underlay. The dashed/hidden lines stay visible. If you make changes to the baclonies/elements

of the level above, the lines will move with the edits.

This method is often used for showing roof overhands, canopies, balconies, etc.

Edit: Alfredo beat me to it as usual!!

Message 5 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is another method:

Edit: Alfredo beat me to it as usual!!

Sorry, Cliff !  🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report