Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Floor Pattern for Concrete

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dtdesign
24160 Views, 9 Replies

Hiding Floor Pattern for Concrete

I have created my model, and have placed the floor assembly in.  It is concrete and I see the concrete pattern on the floor.  How do I hide or turn that off?  I cannot find anything in Visibility Graphics or in the actual floor family...

Thanks...

-Frustrated (Dave)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ccollins
in reply to: dtdesign

Under Floor Model Category in VG, click Override Pattern, then turn off pattern display.

See attached.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 10
dtdesign
in reply to: ccollins

AHHH!  Thanks - My problem was that I was tweaking the sub categories of the Floor - now I get it - Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
dpereze

what if i want to only hide concrete patterns and leave the other materials visible?

Message 5 of 10
davidtetro
in reply to: dpereze

Select the item you want to hide the pattern, Right-Click and select Override Graphics In View > By Element and then select either Surface Pattern or Cut Pattern and turn them off (depending on if the item is in section or plan/elevation.
Message 6 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dpereze

Create a View Filter that applies to the Floors Category, set the Filter Rules to "Type Name" "Contains" "concrete" (assuming that "concrete" appears in the Floor Type's name), add this View Filter to your View(s), and turn off the Surface Pattern display in the same way as described in post #2 above (except in the 'Filters' tab).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 10
dpereze
in reply to: CoreyDaun

cheers guys

Message 8 of 10

You can also right click on the element (Concrete floor) and make sure you have selected "Make the elements editable" . Then right click and go to "Override Graphics in View" > By Elements . On View-Specific Element Graphics > Surface Patterns> Uncheck Visible. 

Good Luck, 

Message 9 of 10
jheard8BX9S
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks man!

Message 10 of 10
JBooneU6H9R

Cut and projection section under floors.  make sure all patterns are turned to not visible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report