Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/ show categories/elements

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Beth1285
2655 Views, 1 Reply

Hide/ show categories/elements

Is there a way to hide a category, then unhide an element from that category?

I know about the hide/ unhide/ show hidden, all of that - but rather than having to select all but one of something in a category, is there a way to hide all, then select one to show?

IE: I have furniture, some loose/client purchased and a few contractor purchased/ built-in. I'd like to hide ALL the furniture, then unhide those few contractor things, rather then having to select every other piece of furniture and hide it. (Now that I have discovered this issue, I won't make those built in pieces as actual furniture in the future, but it's already done this way, and I'd rather not re-create all those pieces)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Beth1285

If you wish to hide all of the unwanted elements, you can select everything (via crossing-window selection) and use the Selection FIlter (the funnel icon in the lower right) to retain only the specified Category of Elements as selected. Then, you can either deselect the elements you wish to keep and hide, or hide them and then Unhide THEN elements you wish to keep.

A better method would probably be to use a View Filter, instead, in case you have to do this on multiple views or have to reverse it. Create a new View Filter for the appropriate Category, and set the Filter Rules to "Comments" "Does Not Equal" "X". Select the elements you wish to keep and type "X" in the Comments field (assuming that it's unused), Add this View Filter to your View(s), and disable the visibility for this View Filter.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report