Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide decal line

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
12640 Views, 10 Replies

Hide decal line

Hi,

I am using Revit 2013 student version. I have successfully attached a decal on one of my walls and managed to show a realistic mode of the decal in my elevation. I would like to remove the decal lines (rectangle with x inside) but I am struggling to do this.

I have done some research on the web and so far, found out that I need to select the decal lines (or cross), right click and choose Override Graphics in View > By Element, and check Transparent. The problem is, my system does not display the option for Transparent; I am only given the boxes for Visible and Half-tone.

Help please.

Thanks mucho,

Ging

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

it is not clear for me what you do you want...is that something like in my attached image ?... or something else....

Why do you say that the X appears on your image ?  It appears only when selected...

If you want to change the border of the decal :

Modify/Generic Models>Override Graphics > Override by Element > View-Specific Element Graphics >Projection Lines > change Weight, Color , Pattern.

If you want to change the image , then go to Manage > Decal Types >select the de Decal from the list and you have there a lot of settings

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 11

sorry ...I forgot the attachement...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 11

Hi Constantin,

Thank you for your reply and SO sorry for this late reply (a year later!). I suddenly found myself not having to use Revit after I posted my query last year, Now I'm back!

I attach three files:

1. Apple: the black rectangle around the apple is being formed by the decal. These are the lines I want to get rid of.
Apple.jpg

2. Apple projections lines: I tried what you suggested but I couldn't find a setting for a transparent line. I tried using white but it just cut the leaf part of the apple at the top.
Apple projection lines.jpg

3. Apple properties: I thought it may be useful to attach an image of the decal properties here.

Apple properties.jpg

I hope you're still able to help, i.e., after a year of my silence!

Many thanks,

Ging

Message 5 of 11
mpwuzhere
in reply to: 9694250

There is no transparent line.....you need to override by element and change the projection lines to white or the color to match your background. There isn't a way to hide them totally for some reason anymore. It gets a bit more difficult if it's against a multi-color background though.
Message 6 of 11

Constantin you are a real legend your methods of explaining has helped me immensely.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Message 7 of 11
susanne.houlder

Hey! Just wondering if anyone has ideas on how to solve this specific problem with regards to hiding the decal line... I have changed the projection lines to white but they still show so much! Is this just the best it can be in Revit?? Thanks for any help. Screenshot 2021-03-19 151646.jpg

Message 8 of 11
brookeHVFCJ

Hi All,

Hopefully this might help someone in future. This is how I removed the decal boarder lines for my realistic views in revit. Currently working in Revit 2022.

1. Create a filter by accessing Visibility/Graphic Overrides, under the Filter tab and selecting Edit/New.brookeHVFCJ_0-1659664196770.png
  2. Once the Filters window has opened, select New and add a name.brookeHVFCJ_1-1659664255688.png
  3. Copy the below settings for the Filter and select OK.brookeHVFCJ_2-1659664304644.png
  4. Back in the Filters tab in Visibility Graphics select Add, then select the created filter and press OK.brookeHVFCJ_4-1659664381863.png
  5. The Filter will appear in the Filters tab in Visibility Graphics. Uncheck the tick box under Visibility. Press Apply and OK and the decal boarder lines should disappear.brookeHVFCJ_5-1659664414283.png

The below link is also a great video of how do manage decals on glazed surfaces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyFw4PTQeag&list=PL7uMJuKCAISolrOH5brZBvSMbMO9PjSOr&index=26

Message 9 of 11
rcaddellZFC7B
in reply to: brookeHVFCJ

Didn't expect it to work, but it definitely did!

Message 10 of 11

Many thanks for that solution. It certainly worked! 

Message 11 of 11

This worked very quickly! 😉 TY

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report