Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Elements

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matthewhagwood
476 Views, 3 Replies

Hidden Elements

When I opened a project file I have been working on I have had some dimensions and components dissapear, when i clicke on the bulb at the bottom which "reveals hidden geometry" i can see them, so i know they havent been deleted. I dont feel its an issue with my view range or anything. I have no idea of what it could be, does anyone have any suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: matthewhagwood

If you can see them with the light bulb but not any other time the objects are hidden in that view.  Use the lightbulb and right click to un-hide the elements or categories.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 4
matthewhagwood
in reply to: loboarch

when I right click on the element the "unhide element" is grayed out so that It is unclickable. I attached an image of my screen. What im trying to unhide is the grab bars next to the toilet which is highlighted via yellow square. The rest of the hidden elements is just an DXF underlay.

Message 4 of 4
embolisim
in reply to: matthewhagwood

are the family visibility settings set so that it wont display in the view type you are using?

I.e. Plan/RCP

or Coarse/Medium/Fine.

someone may have edited then reloaded the family having changed the settings without understandinr what they do.

make sense? I'm not sure I explained that very well.

Or it could be in a workset that is set to not display.

Or it could be being picked up by a filter that is set not to display.

IMHO there are too many ways to hide things (& too many ways to half tone them, we have had 1/4 tone on occesion)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report