Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Revit 2013 Problem.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Slushco
139 Views, 1 Reply

Help with Revit 2013 Problem.

I am learning Revit for the first time.  I have Revit 2013 and done a building in 3D.  Now I want to Run HVAC Ductwork.  When I insert the ductwork it draws up great, and I can attach any fitting I like, but when I try to attach a Second Duct to the last drawn it will wont work and an errrow command comes up for No Auto Route.  Ive checked and my items elevations are all at the same level.....Also, when I attempt to draw the second duct, it jumps straight down or up and not in the direction Im drawing it.  Anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Slushco

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Slushco

It depends a little in which view you are drawing. Bu I think something like this might happen.

When you have a piece of duct Lets say at 2600 (see screen shot). When I try to connect a new horizontal piece of duct to it it will fall back to the default elevation, in my case 2743.20 mm. If I confirm I get an error of no auto route.

Duct.png

So what is happening......

Revit ties to make the connection, basically create an elbow and piece of pipe upwards to the reach the height of 2743.20 and then another elbow, to bend the duct horizontal again. However in this case it has to overcome only a height difference of 143.20 mm!!! This is not enough space to have two elbows.

Here the elevation view. It is clear that more than 143.20 mm is needed to move upwards and horizontal again

Duct 2.png

I thinks something like this is happening to you.

So you have to make sure that enough space is available to (automatically) place the fittings. And also get used to work in more than 1 view.

Or increase difference to accomodate the fittings. In this case I could have put a value of 3400 mm in the offset box and press apply.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report