Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Detail/View Problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chad.julius
369 Views, 4 Replies

Help with Detail/View Problems

Student version of Revit Arch 2013 is not displaying the image/drawing properly.  Everything around the workspace is grainy or does not show up unless the mouse cursor intersects it.  I have attached screenshots to hopefully explain what is going on. 

The computer in question meets the software requirements.  User also has Revit Architecture 2012 and 2011 installed and it displays this problem on all versions. I can take the project to a different computer and it works just fine.  I have done the standard uninstall/reboot/reinstall to no avail. 

I apologize up front for my lack of knowledge with Revit and any help would be appreciated. 

Chad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: chad.julius

This is most likely an issue with the graphics hardware/driver on the machine in question.

If you have not already, I would make sure you have a tested and certified card with the certified driver version installed.

You can find this information on the page below:

Find Recommended Hardware 

If you do have certified hardware and drivers, I would verify that the monitor DPI is set to 100%, Revit is on the main monitor, and the Properties Palette and Project Browser are docked.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 5
chad.julius
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks for the advice. I should have mentioned that this is an Apple computer running Parallels 8. The Windows partition has 4 cores from the CPU, 4Gb of RAM and 1Gb on the video card. I will rerun the Parallels tools and see if reinstallation of the drivers will help. Thanks
Message 4 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: chad.julius

Thank you for the update.

While a new driver may help, you may see errors about not being able to enable Hardware Acceleration. The reason for this is that Revit in Parallels only sees the virtualized graphics controller which is not on the list of tested and certified cards, so Revit pops that error.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 5
chad.julius
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks for the suggestions. The machine is now working but I don't have a reason as to why. Started Parallels the other day, pulled up the project, and it looked just fine. Consider this closed and thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report