Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with creating graphic bar scale

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Horneyjc
39975 Views, 14 Replies

Help with creating graphic bar scale

Has anyone had any luck in creating a graphic bar scale to place on your sheets or in your drawings.  This would be very helpful as I find myself doing large scale projects quit often.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Horneyjc

There are 2 graphic scale families already included in the libraries.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 15
mpwuzhere
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

If your asking about parametric bar scales....I've been working on one...but have come to the realization that I probably need 3 different ones (Metric, Arch Floor Plans and Arch Details)...

Message 4 of 15
Horneyjc
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I am aware of the generic scales that are already in Revit. However, the only metric scale is a 1:100 and I need 1:10, 1:25, 1:50, and 1:75.
Message 5 of 15
hboemtbrender

Has anyone figured out how to have a scale bar on a sheet change automatically to match the scale of the views on that sheet?
Message 6 of 15
L.Maas

Hi

Attached a family with a graphic scale. It contains several scales (1:20, 1:50 and 1:100).

However it is very easy to create additional types with other scales.

It is a general annotation family. It is needed that the view scale and scale of the graphic annotation is the same to have it working correctly.

I have not seen "automatic" graphic bars that can read the scale from views or sheets and adapt to that.

(something on many peoples wishlist)

I have this family already a long time and can not remember if I made it myself or got it from somewhere else.

Otherwise thanks to that person.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 7 of 15
peterjegan

Egan BIM Resources has developed an automatic, parametric graphic scale app.

The graphic scale is placed within the "View Title" family and it updates automatically whenever the scale of the view is changed.

You can customize the "graphic" part to look however you want. Works for both metric and imperial scales.

You have to see it in action to believe it!

Check out the app here.

Also available on the Revit Apps Exchange.

Peter Egan

Message 8 of 15
Curtis.Ridenour

I made an imperial parametric scale. It can be adjusted to metric via parameters if need be.

Message 9 of 15

Good afternoon, 

This is a wonderful resource, but at my sort-of larger firm, they are updating slower than the calendar year would allow, so we're still in 2017. 

Is it possible that you could walk this family back to 2017, or no? 

Thank you in advance! 

Message 10 of 15

sadly no. this family was made in 2018 for a brand new project.

you could download a trial of 2018 and reverse engineer it for 2017 maybe.

Message 11 of 15

Thank you very much. I really appreciate this.

Message 12 of 15

Thank you sooo much! This is a great, and by far the best imperial, scale bar on the web. Oddly enough, with how important this little item is, it is very difficult to find one that looks nice and functions properly. Probably would've been faster to create one, but I was lucky enough to come across yours, which I am eternally grateful for. 

Kudos and Thanks a Million.

David Castello

Message 13 of 15

THANK YOU!  This makes my job so much easier.  I often have views with differing scales on the same sheet.  I'm not experienced enough in REVIT to make these myself. This is SO helpful. 

Message 14 of 15

I created 2019 versions of the parametric graphic scale bar for Metric and NCS (imperial/engineering). 

it was an attempt to match the standard below more accurately.

https://www.nationalcadstandard.org/ncs5/pdfs/ncs5_uds6.pdf

Message 15 of 15

As someone who is just getting into learning about embedded and nested families, I couldn't imagine the time and thought that went into producing this excellent family, you have my eternal gratitude! (Seriously, even in acad, making a "visibility state" block to scale was a big pain, so thank you so very much for helping out the community!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report