Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Why can't I paint a material on the interior face of wall?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Osounique
6017 Views, 3 Replies

Help! Why can't I paint a material on the interior face of wall?

I am using revit LT 2014 and just can't get a material to be be painted on a wall. I would like to apply a 6" veritcal line pattern to look like v-groove board - I create the material, applied the pattern, but when I use the paint function I get nothing...Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: Osounique

Hello and Welcome to the discussion!

So a thought... What is the visual style of the view you are working in? This does make a bit of a difference.

If you are in the visual style of hidden line, shaded, consistent colors the Graphics Tab in the material editor will control this. If you are in Realistic- the Appearance Tab will control that view.

If you need the rendered view to show the 6" vertical 'lines' then you will need to find a sample image of the material you would like to use and pull that in for reference in the material editor.

Not sure if this helps but it is the first thing that came to mind.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Osounique

I don't know why this is but the solution is to join it to another geometry, unjoin it, then you can paint it.

Something to do with instances of an object . . . I have no clue why autodesk uses the term "instance" in revit and 3dsMax differnetly.

Message 4 of 4
Mk-Cad
in reply to: Anonymous

This solution sounds interesting, a bit odd for the program, should be much simpler. I tried it but it's not working. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report