Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My Floor Plans disappeared - How to retrieve them??

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
lauraridley
26656 Views, 9 Replies

Help! My Floor Plans disappeared - How to retrieve them??

I imported a scanned drawing into Revit and traced it.  I put the walls and floors in, then was inserting doors.  I tried to find a particular door, but found I clicked on the wrong door and closed Revit instead of the screen I was in.  However, when I brought Revit back up, I could no longer see any Floorplan, but my 3d was still visible.  How do I retrieve or make visible Level 1 or 2?  (When I tile the Floorplan Level 1 and the 3D drawing, my 3d drawing will turn blue if I box in the blank area on my Floorplan screen, so I assume it must still be there).

The other question I need answered is how to insert the geometric figure/camera that shows each side of an elevation?  When I imported my scanned drawing, it was much larger than the area within the four “eyeballs”, but I have tried moving it and don’t see them. 

PS - I am new to Revit.

Thanks for any help as soon as possible!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Stephm419
in reply to: lauraridley

Go to the views tab. Then pick Plans Views then pick Floor Plan

Message 3 of 10

And what if the Plan is not available to be regerated, meaninng, it is not showing on the View tab to be generated?

Message 4 of 10
HromanikP

Okay, I had the same problem. Go into the "View" tab and click "Plan Views" as you tried before. Below the box where you see no options, there should be a check box that says "Do Not Duplicate Views," in which this box will be checked. Uncheck the box, and your views should be in the box. Click on a view, and it will take you to that floor plan view. Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 10
vector2

"closed Revit instead of the screen I was in"

It's easy to hit that X to close Revit, but there

will always be a dialog saying "Do you want to

save changes to project xxx". Just hit "cancel"

and Revit won't close.

Message 6 of 10

I was able to retrieve my floor plans but I am still missing the entire levels, views, elevations, families etc tab that is normally in the left hand side when you open revit. How can I retrieve this? Is it a setting problem? I would like to be able to view my elevations. Please help. 

Message 7 of 10
wadelucasjr

Go to the view tab, and on the far left there will be a user interface icon, click on that and then click project browser it will bring up the plans.

Message 8 of 10
hadawi
in reply to: HromanikP

Thanks you Brother ... reaaaaaalllyyyy 

Message 9 of 10
grapevine2906

I'm a Revit Newbie and this happened to me too.  At least... I got to a point where the Floor Plan view was available... but whenever I clicked on it there was nothing there.   All the other views, North/South/East/West/Ceiling/3D/etc, etc... all worked but whatever I did the floorplan view was blank.   I finally thought to myself... what if I accidentally somehow zoomed in way too much or I zoomed out way too much... so I did a "zoom-to-fit" command and ta-da!!   Everything was there.   Just right-click in the view and Zoom-To-Fit is one of the options when you right-click in any view.   Just a thought.   That was my issue... stupid as it was.

Message 10 of 10

life saverrrr 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report