Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me creating a Glazed Railing Type

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
BalajiHTI
309 Views, 0 Replies

Help me creating a Glazed Railing Type

I am trying to create exactly a Railing Type as shown below. I figured out how to have the Handrail and its support part. Only where I struggle is the glazed balusters. I want them to maintain the width and gap between one another where the support for handrail is coming. 

Glazed Railing Type.JPG

I tried to create the railing in Flat surface first and it looks good as below in Revit

Glazed Railing in Flat Surface.JPG

Except for, I want the distance at the end of the pattern (Highlighed in Yellow) to be filled by a glazed panel with its size adapting to the remaining distance. 

In the Type properties of the Railing, I used M_Panel - Glazed.rfa which is available in Metric Library of RAC 2014 under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Libraries\US Metric\Railings\Balusters.

However it gets wierder when I host the railing on a stair slope. The panel height is not uniform even thought the slope of each run is same, I dont know why. Take a look at this..

Glazed Railing in Stair Slope.JPG

So this is what I want..

1. The distance at the end of the Railing pattern to be filled up by another glazing panel

2. The inclined height of the panel to be uniform all over the runs of the staircase.

Thank you for your time trying to help me!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report