Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Dimensions of a swetp blend

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aghis_no
216 Views, 2 Replies

Help Dimensions of a swetp blend

Can you please tell me how I can dimension a swetp blend form (here a wall) on a section? See attached image

We have this ramp with a modeled in place wall family modeled with a swept blend, based on a path that is an arc, and with two shapes with different sizes and proportions. Then make a section and then try to dimension the sectioned wall in order to find out what the size of the swept blend form is at the point of the section. I do not think this is possible! As you may see in the jpeg I tried but it did not work although I defined a reference plane in order to be sure that the dimensions are aligned with the geometry.

Thank you in Advance for your help.

aghis
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Elmo
in reply to: aghis_no

From the image attached it looks like you dimensioned in your 3D. Try making a section and then dimensioning it. If this is what you have done to achieve this then it is most likely a bug.
Message 3 of 3
aghis_no
in reply to: aghis_no

Thank you for your aswer.
Well I have both types of dimensions (on the section and on the 3d view) and both give wrong results.
From a quick research I made in the newsgroups I think that Revit is Incapable of dimensioning any non orthogonal geometry in section. (The section has to be perpendicular to the object and still, in some cases like here it is impossible ) I was hoping someone could prove me wrong!
Needless to say that this is rather disappointing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report