Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

shine83
Message 1 of 1 (186 Views)

Help creating building models from 2D plan footprint - (new to revit 2012)

186 Views, 0 Replies
01-16-2013 01:00 AM

Having completed a 2D topographic survey drawing in CAD I have created a wblock of all the building footprints and the level values of each buildings roof ridge, eave, dorma detail etc. This wblock is now in my revit project and I wish to create 3d block models based on the footprints in plan and the level values i have for the roof detail. The buildings require no detail other than the 3D space they occupy Some of the buildings on site are flat roofed and I have successfuly modelled them using an in place mass. Some buildings have multiple roof pitches and dorma detail and it is these features I am struggling to create. Anyone with advice on this or if anyone knows of an easier route I could be taking I would love to hear from you. thanks.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!