Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - architect moved his model...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tfischer
445 Views, 1 Reply

Help - architect moved his model...

I haev a client that is working with their Revit model by linking in the architectural model for their base model. They have items hosted to this linked file.

The architect has now "moved" his file.

The original architectural file was 3 buildings, with each building being its own file. These 3 individual files were then linked into 1 file to create the "architectural base" model.

The MEP guy then linked this model into his MEP project.

The architect has moved one of the individual building files. It still links in properly to their combined file including all 3 buildings, however when my MEP guy reloads his links, the 1 building is now floating 100's of feet up in the air.

I don't want him to lose all of his hosted elements...

What is the correct way to solve this? I know moving a revit file is a no-no after you start, but apparently the architect had internal "level issues" and they were not all on the same page, so they moved the files internally for consistentency and have created some issues downstream.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ccollins
in reply to: tfischer

Shared Coordinates.

They need to set these up and all models need to use the same coordinate system.

Project Base Point and Survey Points need to be checked/established.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report