Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEIGHT RESTRICTION?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jenb
424 Views, 1 Reply

HEIGHT RESTRICTION?

I am designing a house, and have a height restriction of 8.5m above NGL. I imported a 2nd topography with the elevations set at 8.5m higher than my 1st. I have now done my design and Revit very clearly shows me where my building exceeds the restriction, which is great! My problem is: I will have to erase my height restriction (2nd topography) before doing building pads because they are drawn from the higher topography. When I submit my drawings for approval, I also will have to manually draw the height restriction line by hand which is not very accurate. Is there a way that I could get revit to "detach" the two topographies and select my building pads to the ground only? See attachment (pdf).
Thanx!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sbrown
in reply to: Jenb

You can just copy the topo surface and place it on a seperate workset. Then you can turn it off and on as needed. Or you can copy the topo to a blank revit project, then link that project into your file(if you aren't using worksets, this may be easier for you). Basically, just open your project and a second in the same session of revit, go to a floorplan view, highlight the topo,ctrl+c, then switch to your other project and use paste align, current view. Save that file as height rest. then close and link that project into your main project. Now you can turn it on and off at will.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report