Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having technical problems with Revit Architecture 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MrTikeraaq
337 Views, 1 Reply

Having technical problems with Revit Architecture 2012

Hello. 

My name is Magnus, I am 18 years old and studying architecture.

When I launch Revit Architecture 2012, i come to a menu where i can choose between the following:

Basic Sample Project 

Advanced Sample Project

Basic Sample Family

Advanced Sample Family

Getting Started Video.

When I click either of the 4 top choices, the program starts to load, but after a few seconds it crashes and will no longer "Respond". 
I have tried giving it time (from 2 seconds to 20 minutes), but regardless of this, it will still crash. I have tried to use the Windows Repair tool to see if that had any effect, but it didnt.

My system should meet the requirements (as far as i am concerned?), details of my system are at the bottom of the page.

When the crash happens it does not give an error message, it just stops responding.  

So I just wanted to hear if you have any solutions to what I could do to make it work properly?

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4,00 GB

System Model Dell DXP061

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MarySeufert
in reply to: MrTikeraaq

Hi Magnus,

For your future posts, this is the AutoCAD Architecture forum, not the Revit Architecture forum. I pulled the specs below from the Revit System Requirements page. From what I can tell, your system does not have a strong enough processor, and if your system is 64-Bit, you do not have enough RAM.

For 32-Bit Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012

• For Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit or Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ dual core processor, 3.0 GHz (or higher) with SSE2 technology 
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 5 GB free disk space
For 64-Bit Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012
  • ForWindows764-bitorWindowsVista64-bit: Intel® Core™ i5-2300 quad-core processor (2.8 GHz, 6 MB cache) or equivalent AMD® processor.
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 5 GB free disk space

Good luck, Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report