Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch earth Rotating 45

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
GHASEM_ARIYANI
18961 Views, 20 Replies

Hatch earth Rotating 45

Hi

How in Revit , Hatch earth  Rotating 45 degrees??

Revit Architecture-1.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
L.Maas
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Drafting patterns can not rotate. So in that case you would have to look for/create a new hatch pattern.

There are several webssites which have .pat files available.

Pat files are text files so you can also create your own. There are also some (paid)tools which can help you in the creation process.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 21
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: L.Maas

Hello

Yes you are right I know these things.

But, Revit not have Some Features simple AutoCAD .

Smiley Sad

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 21
alex60

Hi all, you really can rotate the hatch, you have to do it use a model hatch pattern and then hover the hatch in the project and select one of the lines in the pattern, so you are able to rotate the hatch.

Thanks in advance, Alex.

Message 5 of 21

Create a new text file on your computer. Copy and paste this into it:

*EARTH, Earth or ground (subterranean)
45, 0,0, .25,.25, .25,-.25
45, -.0663,.0663, .25,.25, .25,-.25
45, -.1326,.1326, .25,.25, .25,-.25
135, -.1326,.1768, .25,.25, .25,-.25
135, -.0663,.2431, .25,.25, .25,-.25
135, 0,.3094, .25,.25, .25,-.25

Save the file.

Rename the file extension to .pat

Load Revit > Click on the Manage Tab > Click on Additional Settings in the Setting Panel > Select Fill Patterns > Make sure Drafting is selected and click New > Click on the Custom button > Select Import > Load the file you just created from above.

michael_fett

Message 6 of 21

Hi

Thank you

it was great

Message 7 of 21
David125

I needed that! Thanks!

Message 8 of 21

Hi! Is there a way to make the hatch smaller?

Message 9 of 21
RobDraw
in reply to: lmlievanor

No, you cannot just make it smaller. You have to create a new smaller hatch.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 21
David_Knight
in reply to: RobDraw

actually i believe you can use the free hatchkit add-in to scale.

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=3030278704485778018&appLang=en&os=Win64

Message 11 of 21

Yes, there is a "way".  You have to change the code to make it smaller. This was the last hatch pattern I modified years ago. 🙂 How much smaller were you thinking?  Maybe I could rework it?

Message 12 of 21
late3am
in reply to: lmlievanor

Yes, you can make the pattern smaller by using Edit Type, Duplicate, name the "new" pattern, then under Import Scale, put in 0.5, or something similar. You don't necessarily need to create the new pattern type as I described; you can just change the current pattern. It's probably best to create a new one, though, then everyone has both scales available.

Message 13 of 21

Spot on, thanks for this.

Message 14 of 21

And as an aside, way back when drafting conventions were important, in the old days, the way the earth hatch pattern was drawn or rotated indicated "compacted" or "not compacted" soil.  Do not remember for sure, but I think the one drawn at 45 degrees indicated "uncompacted" soil, and the one drawn at 90 degree indicated "compacted" soil.  Is that correct?

Is this convection still used in the industry?  (Or it was the contractors who followed it?).

Please advise.

Message 15 of 21
late3am
in reply to: ovenegas6BFTN

That's very interesting. Sorry, but I haven't heard of this convention.
Message 16 of 21

hi:) 

how can i save the file in extension of .pat in word. 

I have no such option in saving tab.

Message 17 of 21

Right click the desktop and select new>text document.  Then paste the info above and rename the extension. Extensions might be hidden (default computer setting) on the computer. If so google how to show file extensions. 

Funny how this post in nearly 8 years old and people still keep liking and responding to the question. Even funnier that I switched professions and have not used autodesk products in nearly 4 years. I do miss it though! 

Good luck. 

Message 18 of 21

hi, its worked!! Thank you !
It's really funny but a lot of students are looking for it.

Message 19 of 21

@ovenegas6BFTN yep --- that is still a convention used in the industry.

Straight up and down is compacted earth, and 45 degree angle is loose. See these snips from the AIA Architecture Graphic Standards.

Pattycake_Kyle_0-1647896234057.png

Pattycake_Kyle_1-1647896283004.png

www.pattycake.io
Web based & real time .PAT creator. The largest collection of free PAT files! Over 700+ Pat files ready to download
No plugins or add-ins to install, and Revit compliant!
Message 20 of 21
raw.pablo
in reply to: ovenegas6BFTN

A plan reviewer I'm currently dealing with has actually asked me to provide the two symbols in the materials legend; that's why I'm here. So either he is from "back in the day" or the convention is still current

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report