Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware - GTX Titan or K5000 for Revit 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andre_dms
866 Views, 2 Replies

Hardware - GTX Titan or K5000 for Revit 2014

What is the best overall graphics card for Revit 2014? Is it possible to use both GTX and Quadro cards on the same machine for Revit? Does Revit 2014 or iRay use any double precision GPU processing? Thank you for any information.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MKEllis
in reply to: andre_dms

I did quite a bit of research before building my PC for using with Revit and 3ds max Design.

If you are serious about IRay - then that will probably dictate your GPU. Revit seems to stress the GPU far less than Max. The card / driver combo + CUDA cores + speed will have more critical impact on that setup.

I settled for a mid-consumer level card (GTX 660TI) and so far it has been fine with Revit. I'm not suggesting that you go for a consumer card, only that thus far Revit performance appears not necessarily to be inhibited that much by it. I have to add the caveat that I have yet to open huge complex models with it - although the 2GB GPU memory on paper should be up to a reasonable job.

From talking to others the decision to go with the much more expensive 'pro' cards is as much for assumed stability, drivers and accuracy. I'm not sure how that reflects in the real world.

Good luck

Martin

Message 3 of 3
andre_dms
in reply to: andre_dms

Thank you MKEllis for your answer. I'm still not sure about the Titan, on how well this new GTX card handle complex viewport settings and shadows on Revit and Max, with large models. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report